Step into my office....

Welcome to my office.....this is where I get to design and layout new and remodeled kitchens and baths for our customers.  We have an awesome showroom that displays our three different cabinet build styles.  Did you know there are three main types of cabinet build styles?  There is: face frame, european, and flush inset face frame.  My favorite to design and sell is the flush inset face frame...it just turns out so beautiful and it takes some serious craftsmanship to make it look perfect.  I use AutoCad a lot and a cabinet vision program that allows me to show the homeowner their new space in 3d and from all different views.  Very fun program, I can put in appliances, windows, lamps, wallpaper, commodes, and there is even a graphic for a dog and a cat!  There are eight guys that work in the shop, the owner, and the office manager.  We are a very tight knit group and we work well together and have a lot of fun!


The pictures on the wall are 8 x10's of shots that are taken by me and I enter them in fairs to see how I stack up against others.  Ok, so I am a little bit of a competative person....I can't even take some pictures without seeing what color of ribbon this or that one may get.  It is fun though, and I really enjoy photography.




I have never been to a cabinet shop that you won't see a bone yard of sample doors and color samples!  But that is a good sign-it is a necessary process in order to get the customer exactly what they are after.  It is a very fun and rewarding challenge when clients come in who have been dreaming of a new kitchen for sometimes years, and you have to extract their vision and help them execute what style and color they want. 



Of course I had to frame and display my individual shots with Mike and Scott.  A little bittersweet though because this is right after I was eliminated on the three obsticle course day.  But, it is fun to share the experience with clients and vendors when they step into my office.....

No comments:

Post a Comment