6th Place All American Handywoman

Well, 6th place.  I am happy with 6th place.  How could you not be proud of an accomplishment like this?  Of course there are things that I wish I had done differently.  It was very close on this episode.  This was literally the coldest day yet....we got there and our challenge was all set up outside.  The wind was blowing so hard and a rain storm was fast approaching.  We got there and barely had any time to get settled and we had to hurry out to get in place to beat the storm.  The hardwood floors were actually cut up and recycled from our team challenge.  I really have no excuse for the hardwood replacement task.  I am a woodworker for hell sakes and I knew not to put pin nails in the face of hardwood floors!  I was being a lemming and following what everyone else around me was doing.  Shame on me.  That is one of the things that I wonder had I not done that-would I have been safe?  I appologize to all the sparkys out there that I let down on this challenge.  I am sure that this task can be done in 9 minutes flat by a proffesional.  I work with electricians on a daily.....only I just direct them on where to place outlets or switches for the under cabinet lighting.  Not too much on hands installation of any electrical.  And it didn't help that to my right was Andy, who was making his look so easy and perfect.  Then to my left is Jared the machine who had his up lightning fast and had time to spare.  Like I said in my interview, I was looking over my shoulder too much worrying about everyone else.  I needed to tune everyone out and focus on what I needed to do.  The weather was insane at this point.  We would have to turn and sheild our eyes from the huge gusts of dust blowing in our faces.  I hope that the audience got as much of a laugh out of the brick challenge as I did.  That was absolutely hystarical!  I mean you would think that as a group we would have a one-in-six chance of having someone who had a clue.  I bet there were hundreds of masonry folk out there just laughing their asses off at our pitiful attempt.  And the editing was great. As soon as we got to this station, it started to barely sprinkle.  We were only given a five gallon bucket with about 2.5 gallons of water in it.  I was being super conservative because I didn't want to make it too soupy.  Shame on me.....that would have been the ticket.  Because we were only down to 6 people at this point, one camera guy was assigned to only two competitores.  We go to know them pretty well, and my camera guy that day, Jamie, let me know that during the brick challenge my nose was dripping like a faucet.  That was an insane challenge though.  We got to go and have lunch and then we all retreated to the van.  We could see the judges going through our projects-it was pouring rain.  I was nervous for the elimination, especially since I had been on the chopping block the day before.  Being that was my first time on the bottom ever on the patio challenge, I really thought I was going to move on to the next round.   I was sad to leave.  I really wanted to move on and continue competing.  If anyone from HGTV production ever reads these things......then I want to say that if you ever do an all-star season, I will be waiting by the phone for a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment