Stars, stairs, and.....pressure


Wow, this was the most feared challenge yet.  Every morning when we would be on our way to set we wondered if this was the day we were going to do the shape challenge.  Other contestants weren't as indimidated by the Mike one on one as we were with what Scott was going to have in store for us.  He didn't disappoint!  I felt good that I was one of only five to get both shapes cut out.  For future reference if anyone is planning on signing up for season 3.....and you make it to this challenge.....listen to Scott!  He was dropping so many hints it was ridiculous!  You just get so tuned out and you think he is trying to distract you and throw you off, but he is doing the exact opposite.  I went in and had a tunnel vision mindset. I didn't figure out the short cut....and if I had cut on the OUTSIDE of my lines, it would have fit.  The other contestants who had already done the shape cut-out would have to come and sit back down with the group.  Everyone would not even make eye contact when they sat back down.  Then, when two contestants that had completed the challenge sat down, they would sneek off to talk about how they did.  I was about the 7th person to go, so waiting just made it that much more hyped up.  That was the funnest night though....Lawrence and Jared had us laughing so hard at one point we had to be "sushed" by production because we were too loud.  I actually started crying I was laughing so hard.  That is when the "Handy Vigilante" was formed!

The stairs were fun.  We actually didn't even start the challenge until about 1 am.  The carpenters that were on set, worked their asses off to build that platform and they did it in about an hour.  I had never even attempted a set of stringers.  I was glad that they stopped everyone and calmed us down and set us on the right path.  I was very pleased with my stairs.  And even more pleased with the elimination round.  Sad to see Pete and Natalie go.....now there was only 8.  I need to stay focused and keep my head straight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment