Episode 2.....Toolbox Drawer

The second episode aired last night.....I still can't believe that I was there and that I actually did that!  The first challenge was very difficult, I was in the folding table group.  Out of all the projects available, of course I would get the damn folding table!  It actually did function at one point.  Not 100% like it was supposed to, so that is when I decided to anchor the legs and make it a fixed table.  After it was all said and done and I was able to walk around and see the other competitors projects I felt about 50% satisfied.  I knew that I certainly was not at the top and also knew that I was most likely not in the very bottom.  We headed next door to our "green room" which was a warehouse where they stored SNL sets and props.  It was freezing!  The bay door had to be open so the catoring service could get back and forth with the food, so we all drank a lot of coffee and tea to keep warm.  Watching the judges go through and inspect/beat the crap out of our projects, while we waited in the cold warehouse next door was hilarious!  After we walked in and saw the debris from the judges I had a moment of panic, but was pleased to see my table still standing.  They gave me compliments for gluing and laminating my table top together.  I did say during the elimination when I was explaining myself, that if I had a little more time I could have figured that folding mechanism out, and when I get home that was going to be the first thing I did was to build a bad-ass folding table.  (which is in the works still.....keep an eye out in my gallery for photos!)  The toolbox challenge was fun.  I liked having plans and instructions to follow.  It had a clear and concise cutlist and I was able to mark the dimensions on my plywood so I could go to the tablesaw station to make all my cuts, and then go to the chopsaw station and make all my cuts.  I was so happy that they gave us an extra 30 minutes.  When Mike was telling us about the time extension, I thought I saw myself in the background actually clap.  Okay so the drawer.  All I have to say is that Scott dropped it from about 4 feet in the air and it didn't break!  It was a fixed wooden handle and I didn't have time to anchor another screw in, Molly called "Time....Tools down" and so the handle pivoted.  I guess the judges had quite the laugh and dropped it numerous times.  So that drawer, even though it wouldn't lock in correctly was built very very well.  Now it is serious, I am in the top ten baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment