Day 70--Going Strong and Looking Good!

 

So it has been exactly 10 weeks and counting since I received my Women's Carhartt gear.  I have been wearing and testing these articles religiously for the past two and a half months, and I have been very impressed, but you wouldn't expect anything less from such a trusted and tough brand like Carhartt.  They are still constructed of the same quality fabric and function as the men's line, only these are especially made for women and designed to fit our bodies.  They have performed amazingly!
This is a picture of me sanding panels before I begin to assemble a door pack.  I am wearing the Easy Fit Sandstone Carpenter Pant with double knee.  These are the best.  They feature a total of 7 pockets, a hammer loop, and 4 other very handy loops that are perfect for screwdrivers or tools with similar shapes.  They are brown in color and the double knee is a must if you are out in the field a lot.  They are very warm, but most of all they are so comfortable!  As a cabinet maker, you are up and down off of ladders all day-crawling in and out of cabinets, and generally rolling all over the floor.  It is so nice to have pants that perform along with you when you need them to.  I have a feeling that these will last for years.  Currently, I am still able to blow the sawdust off and step out to meet with clients and I am very presentable.  Even if they become tattered after a few years and get really good and broken in, I will still meet with clients in them!  I know I would feel good about getting cabinets from a true cabinet maker and not a salesman in a suit and tie.



Carhartt is the most durable brand money can buy!

What I would like to emphasize to women is that Carhartt now makes the same great styles you have been wearing, but in a women's cut.  You don't have to deal with the flattened butt.  If you are a female carpenter and you do any work in a shop setting or any type of on-site or field work, then you know how important it is to have a pair of good jeans that can take the abuse and also have all the function you need.  You don't have to buy pants that are too big in the thigh so it fits in the waist.  Lets face it, typically men don't have a tendency to "fill"out the seat of the pants.  So they have come up many styles of great working pants that allow us to be fitted and flattered in the correct areas. 

So, lets talk about this coat.  It is the Sandstone Sierra Jacket with Sherpa lining (blue dusk).  The Idaho winter has been non-typical as I am sure it has been in other places as well, but winter has finally hit and I cannot say enough about this coat.  It is so warm!  It has two side pockets and two interior pockets, one of the interior pockets has a zipper which is very nice.  I can wear this coat everywhere....to meetings with contractors or clients, when I am headed out on install, or when I am at home and need to run out to fill up the log dolly for the wood burning stove.  I have gotten so many compliments on the color as well.  It is a bit shorter on the length so that you can access your tool belt or pockets.  I was a bit concerned that the wind would get up there and cool me down, but I actually really like the length. 
All in all, I am a true believer in the Women's Carhartt line of clothing. I want to encourage women to go out buy Women's Carhartt.  I give them a high rating.  They have so much to offer to fit each body type, and great color choices.  Just because we may be women that work in the construction industry, doesn't mean we have to lose our identity as females in the workforce.  Embrace that you are a female and you can still perform your tasks as you did each day.....only now you will look really really good!

I will continue to wear and use them as much as I possibly can, and I will update you on their wear and how they are performing. 











No comments:

Post a Comment